A professional listing with Google My Business serves as a shop sign for companies and ensures better visibility in the search results. B2B companies also profit from additional benefits.
Google My Business: more than a business listing
With Google My Business, enterprises can showcase their profile free of charge on Google Maps and in Google’s search results list. Unlike a traditional business listing, the profile can contain much more than just your contact details. It is possible, and advisable, to add photos, special offers or advertising promotions, in addition to your linked website – with the aim to grab the user’s attention to your company. At the same time, you also have the chance to communicate directly with customers via your Google My Business profile.
Unlike a traditional business listing, the profile can contain much more than just your contact details.
During a search via Google on a computer, the business listing appears when the company name is entered and is prominently placed in the right margin, next to the paid and organic search ads. An image and a map excerpt from Google Maps provide a visual eye-catcher and shows where the company is located geographically and what it looks like from the outside. During a search on a mobile device, the Google My Business listing appears across the entire smartphone display. And the company’s location is shown on Google Maps, together with a brief description.
Those who are not searching explicitly for your company, but for products or services, for instance, find your Google My Business listing too – however, along with other competitors in the same field of business.
Google My Business for B2B – why does this make sense?
B2B enterprises normally profit little from local drop-in customers who are searching on Google or Google Maps for products or services in the area. So, why is a Google My Business listing significant for the business customer sector? For the following reasons:
- Business customers research the procurement of materials or services using various channels – naturally online too. Google My Business helps to present relevant information at a glance and offers potential customers the chance to get in touch with you quickly and easily.
- A completed and well-maintained Google My Business listing allows for a long-term good placement in the Google search results. After all, the more often a company’s website is clicked on, the better your chances of appearing at the top of the search results list with your business listing.
- Google My Business offers customers the opportunity to generate reviews, to rate the company and to talk with other customers using the comment function. Good ratings boost the B2B enterprise’s reputation; a high interaction rate increases your visibility in the Google search.
- Google My Business may lead to an increase in customer loyalty. On the one hand, this tool enables direct interaction with customers; on the other hand, it offers the option to publish news about the company or to announce events.
- Thanks to the connection of Google My Business with the analysis tool Google Analytics, B2B enterprises gain a glimpse into the behaviour of their customers and see which products are well received and which miss their target.