We are looking for a Data Scientist (m/f/x) for our location in Hamburg.
Shape the future of B2B with us
- You apply AI techniques across diverse data types, including text, images, and tabular data, to solve a wide range of business challenges for internal and external users
- You lead the design, development, and deployment of end-to-end data science solutions, ensuring they are robust and scalable.
- You engage in innovative research and development, experimenting with a range of methods and models in an agile framework.
- You collaborate closely with various business units of Visable, using AI techniques to understand and address their unique challenges.
- You mentor and coach junior data scientists in partnership with the Team Lead Data Science team, fostering skill development and knowledge enhancement within the team.
What we offer
- The opportunity to actively shape the future of the online B2B business and build an European champion.
- You can expect an established traditional company with the advantages of a dynamic start-up culture: flat hierarchies, relaxed, informal atmosphere and a great team spirit.
- An agile and supportive environment where success is always a team effort.
- Optimal work-life balance with 30 vacation days (plus Christmas Eve & New Year's Eve) and flexible working hours.
- We believe in the best of both worlds: flexibility and collaboration. Thus, you'll enjoy the benefits of working from home while also experiencing the team spirit in our offices at least once a week and eight days a month.
- We promote your professional and personal skills with individual training opportunities (e.g. Visable Online-Academy & Trainings), regular feedback discussions and team-building measures.
- Take advantage of our “Workation” offer and work where others spend their holiday.
This is how you can impress us
- Possess a master's degree in data science, computer science, or a related discipline.
- You demonstrate a strong generalist background in data science, with at least 4 years of experience applying AI on textual and tabular data for solving different problems.
- Experienced in designing, building, and deploying AI models or solutions in production environments.
- Experienced in utilizing a range of language models, from traditional approaches to advanced transformer-based models.
- Proven ability in collaborating effectively within multi-member or cross-functional teams and providing mentorship to junior colleagues.
- Advanced proficiency in Python, SQL and commonly used ML libraries.
- Capable of effectively utilizing a diverse set of AI tools and techniques to solve complex business problems.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal. Knowledge of German is a plus.
Nice to Have:
- Basic experience in deploying large language models (LLMs) such as OpenAI's models in production settings.
- Familiarity with the AWS technology stack for ML solutions
- Familiarity with MLOps
We live and love diversity! That's why we signed the „Diversity Charter“ to promote equal opportunities and diversity in all its components. By signing the Diversity Charter we guarantee that all qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation gender identity or physical abilities. A culture of respectful interaction is deeply rooted in our corporate values and therefore we want every employee to feel included, accepted and valued. With over 50 different nationalities and more than 20 spoken languages among Visable’s workforce, we can already be proud of being a culturally varied and truly international company.
You can find more information about Visable here.